Saturday, March 28, 2020

Recognizing the Harshness of the Battle

 

In this battle to fight this COVID-19 Virus, to me it's best to be open to reality, to recognize the Harshness of this battle. I do get the need to Socially isolate from each other, I understand why but openly admit this is very hard for me. I can not imagine how hard it must be for young parents, for couples to not hold and touch each other and loved ones. I’m not a trained writer so it's best to stick to my person experiences.

It is true if a loved one tests positive, or to be serious and responsible about being part of the cure, we have to separate ourselves from everyone except for necessary things that must be done. I thankful I'am an Grand-pa now days.

I started these post with the realization that it’s maybe better to try hard to share the most important lessons learn in life while I can. Maybe event publish to my blog or in some form a free overview of my book of raw history in the first person sharing the most important lessons learned. There were lessons learned in my life and lived out to a great deal. 

One of those Lessons is to live each moment of life, to take in the whole aspect of the moment your living. To never say goodbye to anyone without making it as If it was your last goodbye. 

Of course an old marine might say such, yes it was obvious in war for me also. For me the human touch, the importance I put on it or the lack of it was always big. In life did that make me strong or weak, that probably depends on your value system in life. 

Like everyone I fear for those I love, some like me a little old, some with health issues, all children and one pregnant 🤔

Pictures: Keeping with the theme of raw history in the first person. The first pic’s our of Lisa & Allen of Da Nang Vietnam, in the early months of 1969. There father was an Italian sailor, he worked on the costal water ships & in the shipping lanes of Asia. There Mom a Vietnamese about 2-3 months pregnant when I meet her. 2nd set of kids is Tricia and our 4- children in an old pictures. 3rd is my Mom who lived to 90 years old. 4th Nancy Shine More, my first girl friend at 15 and friend for 42 years 😊

Lisa & Allen were living in the smaller, unapproved housing that popped up near city’s & military bases durning the VN war. I had already had my 8 months of combat, my final battle becaming a survivor. A year in the hospital, another year attempting to figure out life, so I returned to Vietnam with no job, connections or money but I was able to find a job selling military club supplies, sent to Da Nang to set up & sells to the Marine Corp clubs 😊

The war was at it’s highest level ½ million US troops in 1969, I went to the clubs, meet the Sargents in charge a few hrs a day. I had free time, I walked to the Military PX as I had been granted a temporary retirement from the Marines so I could use the PX system 😊

Walking along the rows of house there sat these beautiful kids, dressed so differently, so clean and when I said Hi they spoke back in perfect English. Naturally I stop & talked, meet their mother. Later at the PX I purchased apples, candy, comic books, all kind of thing a 23 year old kid would thing kids would want.

So begin several months of a friendship, one nigh I speeding several hrs in the sandbag buckets with them as rockets came in while I was their, me stuck at their place for the night due to the curfew 11:00 PM no one can traveled.

These the first children that stole my hear, bent and shaped my personality in those early days of searching. Like a few other memories, clear like yesterday these two children hold that position like others. Meaning they engaged my whole emotional system and personality, why I never forget them. 

The remarkable thing is that in April 1975, I ran into there Mom & Dad on the streets of Saigon, me able to give them the letter or affidavit of support to exit Saigon. I had help create that letter working in the evacuation of Saigon, explain how & what to do. She offered to take me to see Allen & Lisa but I was extremely busy and declined. 😒I am sure there somewhere, most likely in Europe age 53 & 56 today.

Yes, this is a real and true story, the beginning of a lesson learned.

Without education I became an electrician, work came from overseas because of my overseas experience. Working 22 years in the Middle East, 2-years in Iran family status, a revolution came so we had to run, then spending 20 years in Saudi Arabia, found the oil field & worked different schedules for 20 years flying home ever month or two.
There was so many times I pray to all the Gods to please allow me to return, just one more time to my family 😒🙏🙏🙏Please Please let me see and hold my family one more time !!!

Yes, another true and real lesson learned in My life. 

My Mom lived to be 90 so it became a fact for years each time I saw her it was as if our last time 😊 I had the luck to spend her last week alive with her at my brothers house, my last night she woke up different and passed 3-days later. No I did not return for the funeral 😊(There was no need), of course often others will never understand but that’s fine. 

Nancy my first girl friend and close friend for 42 years. A few weeks after my Mom passed on Nancy had informed me she was still not feeling well, the same as when I was at home to visit my Mom. We communicate by email, her quit sure it was limes disease, a week later my friend Butch called and told me Nancy had cancer, was in the hospital with only days to live. I found it best to send flowers & notes I will share those notes in the book.

This was 2007 and she was not only my friend, she was going to help me write my book to try to make the world a little better place 😊 We had planned everything in case something happen to me chasing all over the world, we never had an argument so was always a nice goodbye. But no we never talked about if she left our world first 😒 Then what 😊🌈🌈🌈

This concept of learning from life, from our accumulated days of experiences, from self study with a desire to know the truth. These were things Nancy also believed and lived 😊

I sense or feel at this moment of this human challenge and change the lessons learned our very important. Of course humans will win over this Virus and the lessons learn applied to our lives 😊
Page - 1 of vidanusa.com with maybe an idea to think about
Blog - vidanusa.blogspot.com

My heart goes out to anyone that dose not get to say or be with, touch a loved one sick or about to pass 😒

To be Honest I have to add one other truth. From experience when I was at the edge of life for sometime, the truth is death is very personal, who comes by to say goodbye, who your with or alone, this though was not an issue for me. Our bodies, our brains our so remarkable they produce chemicals that seem to ease the way. 
Maybe I should not say this but it is the truth for me.

Happiness is Oh so simple, a Grateful Heart is the beginning of wisdom 😊



No comments: